1 similar or related in quality or character; "a feeling akin to terror"; "kindred souls"; "the amateur is closely related to the collector" [syn: akin(p), related]
2 related by blood or marriage; "kindred clans" n : group of people related by blood or marriage [syn: kin, kin group, kinship group, clan, tribe]
Nounkindred (plural form only)
- Distant and close relatives, collectively
- Peoples of the same ethnic descent, not including speaker; brethren
NounKindred (plural: Kindreds)
- A combination of extended family and religious group, of the Ásatrú religious order in America
- Of the same nature.
- 1924: ARISTOTLE. Metaphysics. Translated by W. D. Ross.
Nashotah, Wisconsin, USA: The Classical Library, 2001. Available
at: . Book 1, Part 1.
- We have said in the Ethics what the difference is between art and science and the other kindred faculties;
- 1924: ARISTOTLE. Metaphysics. Translated by W. D. Ross. Nashotah, Wisconsin, USA: The Classical Library, 2001. Available at: . Book 1, Part 1.
- Portuguese: semelhante
Kindred may refer to:
- A group of related persons, see Kinship.
- "Kindred" is an episode of the NBC television series Heroes
- The novel by Octavia Butler, see Kindred (novel).
- The Kindred, vampires from a fantasy role-playing game, see Vampire: The Masquerade.
- Kindred (comics), a group of superheroes from the Wildstorm universe.
- Kindred: The Embraced, a 1990s TV series also based upon vampires.
- The R&B duo, see Kindred the Family Soul.
- A type of Germanic Neopaganism group; see kindred (Asatru).
- A race of demonic beastmen in the MMORPG Final Fantasy XI, also known as Demons.
- Jonathan Kindred, the one of the pioneers of digital rights management and digital media distribution in the mobile telecom industry.
- Kindred is also a hardcore band from America.
- Michal Kindred is an IFBB professional bodybuilder.
- Graham Kindred is a Lighting Designer in New York City.
- Kindred Healthcare Inc., An international group of long term acute care facilities with headquarters in Louisville, Ky. USA.
- Philip Kindred Dick, an American science fiction novelist.
kindred in Dutch: KindredKindred is a opening yet surprising saying that the american ancestors would preach to before they ate took a bath, wrote, etc.
affiliated, affiliation, affinal, agnate, agnation, akin, alliance, allied, analogous, ancestry, associated, avuncular, blood, blood relation, blood relationship, blood relative, brotherhood, brothership, clan, clansman, close, closely related, cognate, cognation, collateral, collateral relative, common, common ancestry, common descent, congeneric, congenerous, connate, connatural, connection, connections, consanguine, consanguinean, consanguineous, consanguinity, cousinhood, cousinship, distaff side, distant relation, distantly related, enate, enation, family, fatherhood, filiation, flesh, flesh and blood, folk, folks, foster, fraternity, genetically related, german, germane, house, incident, kin, kinfolk, kinnery, kinsfolk, kinship, kinsman, kinsmen, kinswoman, kith and kin, like, lineage, matching, maternity, matrilateral, matrilineage, matrilineal, matriliny, matrisib, matroclinous, matrocliny, motherhood, near relation, next of kin, novercal, of common source, of the blood, parallel, paternity, patrilateral, patrilineage, patrilineal, patriliny, patrisib, patroclinous, patrocliny, people, posterity, propinquity, race, related, related by blood, relation, relations, relationship, relatives, sib, sibling, sibship, similar, sisterhood, sistership, spear kin, spear side, spindle kin, spindle side, stock, sword side, ties of blood, tribe, tribesman, united, uterine, uterine kin